ViFoStock platform is a product of VIFO Ltd is passionately committed to the privacy of our customers.
We strive to create consistent standards for all of our users. This agreement was written in English (US). To the extent any translated version of this agreement conflicts with the English version, the English version controls. If any portion of this statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you:
- Create an account and subscribe to our digital photography, media hosting or other services;
- Purchase photo prints or other products or services;
- Participate in a survey, contest or sweepstakes;
- Contact us for any reason, such as to request help with the Services or to provide us with your comments/feedback; or
- Post information in connection with your photos ,audios and videos(e.g., in a photo caption) or in other forums or interactive areas of the Services.
- Otherwise communicate with ViFo Ltd
The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number, credit card information, bank transfer information, title, gender, and other information you choose to provide.
You have the option of telling us how you wish to be identified in connection with your photos, comments and elsewhere using the Services. If you choose to use your real name (or include any identifying information as part of your "nickname") that information will be publicly displayed through the Services. Therefore, please use caution in determining how you wish to be identified in using the Services.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about your use of the Services, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, screen resolution, color and depth, device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Location Information: With your consent, we may collect information about the location of your device.
- Photo, video Location Information: When you upload a photo with geographical data (i.e. from a mobile device) or manually geotag your photo, we collect the location of that photo. With your consent, we collect information about your location if you take a photo within ViFoStock platform to add to your photo’s metadata.
Object and Scene Type Recognition Technology
We use image recognition algorithms to find visually similar images and videos as well as to help you organize your photos and videos and make it easier to search them. This technology might identify and tag scenes, actions, objects.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friend’s lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media sites. We may receive updated information about you, such as an updated billing address, from the financial institution issuing your credit card in connection with our billing for the Services. When somebody buys a gift for you on our service, we’ll receive your shipping information from the purchaser. Users also can share another person’s email address with us through features that can invite the other person to view the user’s content.
Use of Information
Our use of the following information, which we call “Photographer Personal Data,” is limited by our agreements with our registered users: (i) images and videos that the user uploads to or creates in the Services, and (ii) any labels, tags, comments, descriptions or categorizations that user adds to those images and videos in the Services.
We use other information for the following purposes:
- To analyze, personalize and improve our Services;
- To provide the products and services you order;
- To respond to questions, concerns, or customer service inquiries;
- To facilitate contests, sweepstakes and surveys;
- To enforce the legal terms that govern our business and commercial relationships;
- To comply with the law and legal process and protect rights, safety and property; and
- For other purposes requested or permitted by our users or other relevant individuals, such as website visitors.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of ViFoStock platform or others;
- In connection with, or in anticipation of, any merger, divestiture, consolidation, bankruptcy, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, or another significant corporate event (in which case the acquiring entity may use the information pursuant to its own privacy policies and procedures, to the extent legally permissible); and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Our sharing of Photographer and videographer Personal Data is governed by our agreement with the user who posted it. If you contact us regarding a request or complaint about Photographer and videographer Personal Data, we may forward your communication to the user who posted it.
Social Sharing Features and Third-Party Integrations
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends, the public, and others, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature and depending on that entity’s other sharing practices.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Legal Basis for Processing
The laws in some jurisdictions require companies to tell you about the legal grounds that allow them to use or disclose your personal data. Where those laws apply, our legal grounds are:
- Legitimate interests: We often handle personal data because it furthers the legitimate interests of ViFoStock platform (or of our customers, affiliates, business partners, or suppliers) in business activities such as the ones listed below, and because that handling of data does not unduly impact your interests, rights, and freedoms:
- Facilitating free speech, artistic expression, and journalism;
- Providing customer service;
- Some of our marketing and advertising activities;
- Analyzing and improving business activities;
- Protecting business activities, individuals, and property (for example, protecting against abuse of our Services); and
- Managing risks and legal issues.
- To honor our contractual commitments to the individual: Some of our handling of personal data is necessary to meet our contractual obligations to individuals, or to take steps at the person's request because we are planning to enter into a contract with them. For example, when we process an individual’s personal payment data for a subscription, we are relying on this basis.
- If the law requires consent, and in some other cases, we handle personal data on the basis of consent. For example, we conduct some of our marketing-related activities on the basis of consent.
- If the law allows, we may be able to infer consent from the circumstances.
- Legal compliance: We sometimes need to use and disclose personal data to comply with our legal obligations.
- Legal claims: Sometimes we use or disclose personal data because it is necessary to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims..
ViFo Ltd takes physical, technical and administrative measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, no security measure is perfect. ViFoStock platform cannot and does not promise that any information will remain secure.
Privacy Requests Regarding Users’ Photos, Videos, and Some Related Data
For privacy-related takedown requests, or to exercise any rights you may have under privacy law regarding images or videos that a ViFoStock platform user uploaded to or created in the Services, or any labels, tags, comments, descriptions or categorizations that the same user added to those images and videos in the Services (Photographer Personal Data), please contact that user directly ViFoStock platform processes this data on behalf of the user, and the user has responsibility for handling these requests. Under the GDPR and similar laws, ViFoStock platform is the user’s “processor” of this limited set of data, and under the Rwandan Privacy Act (RPA), ViFoStock platform is the user’s “service provider” for this data. (ViFoStock platform still can remove illegal content and other material that users are not entitled to maintain on the Service, such as nonconsensual intimate images). ViFoStock platform users can follow the instructions below to handle privacy requests or to otherwise manage their Photographer Personal Data.
You can delete individual Content that you have on ViFoStock platform by selecting the content that you wish to delete, then clicking the delete button. Or you can delete groups of content using batch operations.
Content Sharing Features
In the "Privacy & Permissions" section of your Account Settings, you can determine who can see, download, or interact with your content by default. You can control at a more granular level who can see each individual image or video by editing that item’s viewing privacy.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from ViFoStock platform by following the instructions in those communications or by contacting us through ViFoStock platform contact page. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.